OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance
of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1) Timing: The Recycling Bin Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 9:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 8, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. PT on December 20, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of United States who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) of the American Chemistry Council (the “Sponsor”) or Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (“Ogilvy PR”) or their promotion agencies, and family members of such employees, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
3) To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter online as follows:
You can visit www.plasticsmakeitpossible.com, complete the on-screen registration form and in the comments section, comment on the article provided, to enter the Sweepstakes.
Entries will not be judged. Limit one entry per person/household. Multiple Sweepstakes entries from any person/household will not be accepted. Entries must be complete to be eligible. All eligible entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on December 20, 2011, to be eligible. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries must be in English. All entries must be the sole, original work of the entrants. Any entry or portion thereof, that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or violated the proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the entry from any source. Entrants and winner acknowledge and agree that their entries become the non-exclusive property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use entries (or excerpts of entries) in any way it sees fit. Any entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet all the Sweepstakes rules may be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the entry submitted. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service may apply.
4) Random Drawing/Winner Notification: The Grand Prize winner will be selected randomly on or about December 22, 2011, from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Ogilvy PR on behalf of the American Chemistry Council’s Plastics Make it PossibleSM campaign, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes Odds of winning the prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winner will be notified by mail/email and prize will be shipped within 4-6 weeks after winner selection. Return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected.
5) Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): (1) Grand Prize: There is one Grand Prize, which is a Sponsor-selected Recycling Bin filled with a recycled plastic cutting board, recycled plastic picture frames, recycled plastic t-shirt/sweatshirt, recycled plastic tennis shoes, recycled plastic dog bed and recycled plastic jewelry. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $500. Prize is nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value in their sole discretion. The Grand Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with prize.
7) General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. Proof of entering information via the website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and determine the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
8) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL, WRITTEN OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY NOT BE WAIVED OR OTHERWISE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW SHALL BE LIMITED IN ALL RESPECTS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY THE WINNER OR ANY ENTRANT IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE.
9) LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, INJURIES, DEATH, CLAIMS, DAMAGES (DIRECT OR INDIRECT) OR OTHER LIABILITIES FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS, ACCIDENTS, LOSSES, INJURIES, DEATH, CLAIMS, DAMAGES (DIRECT OR INDIRECT) OR OTHER LIABILITIES FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH OR RESULTING FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10) Acknowledgement of Having Read and Understood Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
11) Publicity Release: Submission of entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the entry and comments (or excerpts of entry/comment) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for winner’s name, likeness, hometown and entry, including comment for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winner list, unless prohibited by law.
12) Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of Washington, D.C. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Washington, D.C. and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the D.C. Circuit Court or the U.S. Federal District Court for Washington, D.C.
13) Winner: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, visit www.plasticsmakeitpossible.com and click on the winner link from December 31, 2011 to January 31, 2012.
14) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is American Chemistry Council, Inc., 700 Second St. NE, Washington, DC 20002.