OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1) Timing: PMIP 3D Printer Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 10:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 30, 2014 and ends 2:00:00 p.m. ET on February 13, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) of the American Chemistry Council (the “Sponsor”) or Ogilvy PR or their promotion agencies, and family members of such employees, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
3) To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may access the Sweepstakes by visiting the Plastics Make it Possible® Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/plasticpossible to view the 3D Thursday post dated January 23, 2014. Comment on the post telling us what plastic creation you would make with a 3D printer to receive one Sweepstakes entry. Comment is hereinafter referred to as “entry”. Entries will not be judged. By submitting a Comment on the post, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these Official Rules.
Limit one entry per person/Facebook profile for the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple Sweepstakes entries from any person/Facebook profile will not be accepted. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different Facebook IDs or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries must be in English. All entries must be the sole, original work of the entrants. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or violated the proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the entry from any source. Entrants and winner acknowledge and agree that their entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use entries (or excerpts of entries) in any way it sees fit. Any entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet all the Sweepstakes rules may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any entry not in compliance with the above and does not meet the website’s requirements will be disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service may apply.
4) Random Drawing/Winner Notification: There will be one Prize awarded to one Prize winner. The Prize winner will be selected randomly on or about February 6, 2014 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Ogilvy PR on behalf of the American Chemistry Council’s Plastics Make it PossibleSM campaign, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries. All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winner will be tagged in a comment on the post thread and will be required to send a private Facebook message with his/her contact information within 48 hours of winner notification. After potential winner responds, he/she (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in her state of residence) will be required to sign and return, via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) and assignment of rights within seven (7) days (including weekends) of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner may be selected. If potential winner fails to respond to post thread or if prize notification as undeliverable, it will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected and notified as indicated above.
5) Prize (1): One sponsor-specified 3D printer marketed by the manufacturer for home/personal use by consumers. The Approximate Retail Value is $1,400. Prize is nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the Prize or a Prize component for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with award or use of Prize. Sponsor will issue a 1099-MISC Government tax form to the winner, The Prize will be delivered by FedEx, United Parcel Service, or other such courier service to a location and on a date agreed to by winner.
7) Limitation of Liability: Each entrant into the Sweepstakes agrees to be bound by these rules and that Sponsor, Ogilvy PR, and all of their respective shareholders, affiliates, directors, employees, officers, and agents, shall have no liability, and that entrant shall release the same, from any and all liability, loss or damages (including but not limited to personal injury or death) and arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt or delivery of, delay of delivery, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence, or willful misconduct in connection with use of the Prize (or any component thereof), or any change in the Prize awarded (or components thereof) due to unavailability or reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control.
Winner acknowledges that Sponsor, Ogilvy PR, and all of their respective shareholders, affiliates, directors, employees, officers, and agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of Prize except that the Prize shall be subject to manufacturer’s stated warranty.
8) General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges/Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Application, the web sites or the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Application or Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. Proof of entering information via the Application does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Application; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or Application may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or Application, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
8) Publicity Release: Submission of entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the entry (or excerpts of entry) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for winner’s name, likeness, hometown and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winner list, unless prohibited by law.
9) Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Virginia and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or the Circuit Court for the County of Fairfax.
10) Winner: For the name of the prize winner, send an email to Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org from February 15, 2014 through March 15, 2014.
11) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is American Chemistry Council, Inc., 700 Second St. NE, Washington, DC 20002.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All rights reserved.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Entrants agree to release Facebook from any and all liability associated with this Sweepstakes.