OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance
of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes
1) Timing: The Products that Help the Planet Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 4/5/2012 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 4/27/2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of United States who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) of the American Chemistry Council (the “Sponsor”) or Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (“Ogilvy PR”) or their promotion agencies, and family members of such employees, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
3) To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter online as follows:
You can visit www.plasticsmakeitpossible.com and complete the on-screen registration form and in the comments section, comment on the following: “What products (if any) have you purchased made with recycled plastics?” to enter the Sweepstakes.
Entries will not be judged. Limit one entry per person/household. Multiple Sweepstakes entries from any person/household will not be accepted. Entries must be complete to be eligible. All eligible entries must be received by each of the following dates to be eligible for that drawing and any subsequent drawings: 4/6/2012, 4/13/2012, 4/20/2012 and 4/27/2012. All eligible entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 4/27/2012, to be eligible. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries must be in English. All entries must be the sole, original work of the entrants. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or violated the proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the entry from any source. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use entries (or excerpts of entries) in any way it sees fit. Any entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet all the Sweepstakes rules may be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the entry submitted. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service may apply.
4) Random Drawings/Winner Notification: The Prize winners (one per drawing) will be selected randomly on or about the following dates from among all eligible entries received by the Friday of the previous week: 4/9/2012, 4/16/2012, 4/23/2012 and 4/30/2012. The drawings will be conducted by Ogilvy PR on behalf of the American Chemistry Council’s Plastics Make it PossibleSM campaign, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes Odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received by the end of each week. All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winners will be notified by phone/mail. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected.
5) Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): (1) Prizes: Sponsor-specified selection of kitchen products made of recycled plastics and/or tee shirts or other products made with recycled plastics. The ARV of each Prize is $100. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value. The Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with prize.
7) General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. Proof of entering information via the website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and determine the applicable weekly winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the end of each week prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, its member companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
8) Publicity Release: Submission of entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the entry (or excerpts of entry) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for winner’s name, likeness, hometown and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
9) Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Virginia and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or the Circuit Court for the County of Fairfax.
10) Winners: For the names of the Prize winners, visit www.plasticsmakeitpossible.com and click on the winners link from May 1, 2012 to June 1, 2012.
11) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is American Chemistry Council, Inc., 700 Second St. NE, Washington, DC 20002.